Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

The Daily Groove

Beyond the groove
Of daily routine
Lies the unknown
The somewhere in-between.

It can be scary
This change…
Yet exciting too
As things are rearranged

Routine; safe
Security in the known
Shake things up
You can always return…
Home.

This week, our routine is off due to ballet rehearsals and the upcoming weekend of performances… and we thrive on the changes though we will embrace our routine when it returns… not quite the same but almost.

It’s fun at 6 Word Fridays!



6 comments:

Molly @ Postcards from a Peaceful Divorce said...

Like mine, your poem shows the process or movement into between the two poles of routine and surprise. I like your reminder that we can always come home.

I also love the title Daily Groove.

Anonymous said...

Oh, ballet rehearsals! I can't wait for that. I LOVE dance. It's nice to break up our routine sometimes. But, of course, it is always comforting to return as well.

ayala said...

After a period of chaos routine is always welcomed!

melissa said...

The in-between always holds such promise.
Scary, yes, but what awaits? Better?
Something good, I hope. I hope. :)

Anonymous said...

I'm in that scary place of non routine just now. Hopefully I can rejoin my routine sooner rather than later.

Anonymous said...

Yes, sometimes a change up of routine can be exciting; oh and after all the busy, it can be a wonderful thing to return to.